Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tales of mere existence by a teacher

Guys this is simple been in this profession for two years I have realized that I have given shit to many teachers and professors during my days but being on the other side of the table now but being a believer that Traditions are something that you just don’t break I decided continue that. I will give shit to my students..

To start with I prefer students who are a challenge, who raise their hands (I wish they

could raise their levels too) on almost everything, who push me to do a better job (better on the scale of irritation level because I exactly know what shit is that guy gonna talk). Students who are mute, mellow, arrogant, or disengaged are missing the point of class, and it never annoys me because I believe in live and let live simple.

People never get tired of pointing the ethicality of the process wherein a teacher rates the students. No, I do not and I simply would not rate them because they are too slimy for me. The grades I give students are entirely about the work they do in my class. And yes, of course there are some students I 'like' more than others, but don't you imagine that any professional can separate the personal and the professional? (Even you guys know it!!)

Guys let’s just structure this whole thing up. Let me just get over with the dumb head parents first.

Mummy and Daddy believe Kumar is gifted and brilliant, wise and funny, soon to be making more money than any damn teacher every dreamed of (no wonder this bihari is on his path). The fact that Kumar won't read, write or think is just making their ass scratch. Kumar is so besotted with the monk that he can't find his way to my class any more often than 2 times a week. And I, have to pass his ass on to the next topic because of the endless - but subtle - pressure from every one above me. It's my failure, isn't it, if I can't grab his attention for more than a wink. No, Kumar's failure is all mine. After all, Kumar's parents paid the fucking 18 grands. The moment they give up the cash his parents feel that He's safe. The only one feeling the pressure is me. These parents sometime I wish had brains half the size of their bank accounts so that they could see – he is enjoying company of Old man more than anything else in this world. He idolizes Kurt Kobain and wastes his nights away smoking up and playing guitar. Tell me what the hell am I supposed to do?

Now lets start with the Niggers. These buggers are young and they feel that they own the world reading some crappy self help books.

· There’s a bitch I hate. She doesn't do her work neither does she lets some guys in the class do theirs. She dominates her group with talk about her evening plans and her boyfriends (as if whole wide world she is the only chick with hot ass and firm tits). She smiles sweetly in class and then ends up getting 3 corrects out of fucking 20. All she wants to do is complain, whine, and find a back door to a top B school. I'm sick and tired of it. All I want the kids to do is try and be true to their own selves. It's all I ask. I just want to see that they give a damn, and that they're willing to be a part of their own educational process.

Now here are a few more types I have tried to judge on various qualities.

  • · "Over smart fool"

Ability to Perceive: doubtful

Future career: general store accountant. (may be a mall clerk)

Opinion of herself: way higher than she actually deserves

My side of the story: Look darling Crying seems to work on other people, but not on me. The fact of the matter is that you didn't want to be late for your rendezvous with your some weird macho man so you thought missing some basic topics was an easy option (on top of it u already know Speed= Distance/Time), and u thought I was doped the whole time I was screaming my guts out in the classroom; and now you didn't like the score your result displayed. Next time I have a couple of suggestions: 1) get your shit together. 2) Don't tell your professor that the same answers got 100 on 100 in your Dramatics class.

  • · "self claimed Hollywood chicky"

Attendance: just enough to stay in the class

Intelligence: my dumb cat is smarter

Judgment: poor

My side of the story: This one comes once a blue moon and wants to leave in the middle of the 60 minute class, and doesn't realize that it is a interruption every time and I get pissed off. I'm sure you "had to" attend the auspicious puja with your "family" which must not include your own SISTER, who is also in my class and was in class that time.

  • · "Evil Product of the Evil Soil"

Hygiene: poor

Morality: low

Snarkyness: high Watch out for this one.

My side of the story: He'll cut you down with the authorities. He will become the pro bono pseudo leader and bitch about you with the management behind your back while smiling at you. He wants to be a politician and if all things are equal, he'll end up as used car salesman. Avoid small-group situations with this one or else be prepared to forget your objectives and follow a hypnotic state of daze and trance.

Well friends I tried saving best for the last:

  • "The Nitro Devils"

Some lowlifes with their eyes all droopy and red; Won't listen;

Won't talk; Won't raise hand; Won't raise voice. They are the Ugly spirits. They are Bloody evil products of the evil soil. No books. No notes. No pens. Sloppy, Off base, rowdy. All I want to scream is “Get some life son and Take out that bloody headphone out of your ears, Junkie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment